Try this crispy prosciutto sandwich with roasted garlic aioli the next time you’re craving that warm, café-style sandwich for lunch!
Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 4–5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of paprika
- 4 slices prosciutto
- drizzle of olive oil
- 3 slices thick, multigrain bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 romaine leaf, ripped up
- 3–4 slices cheese (I used jalapeno Monterey jack)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1–2 tomato slices
- 1 pickle, sliced
- Prepare the aioli by combining all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil warms up place the slices of prosciutto inside the pan and fry until just crispy. Remove from heat and set aside on a paper towel.
- Spread a light layer of aioli on all 3 slices of bread (on both sides) and place in the same frying pan over medium-high heat. Heat the bread on both sides until slightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- Begin frying the egg at the same time as you begin constructing the sandwich. Melt the tbsp of butter in the pan before adding the egg, and cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping once.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing 1 piece of bread on the bottom of a plate, then adding a tbsp or so of aioli, followed by lettuce, tomato, and the crispy prosciutto. Add the second slice of bread, followed by cheese, the egg, the tomato, avocado and pickle. Place the last piece of bread on top and secure with a toothpick. Serve immediately.
Sandwich should be enjoyed fresh.