Celebrate cranberry season with these dense, cakey donuts filled with a smattering of tart cranberries and covered in a sweet, white chocolate glaze.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup cranberries, chopped*
White Chocolate Glaze
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a donut pan with non-stick spray or butter
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg lightly with the sugar until combined. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract, then slowly whisk in the melted butter.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and stir just until incorporated. Gently fold in the cranberries. Empty the batter into a piping bag or large Ziploc bag with the tip cut off, and fill each cavity in the donut pan about 3/4 full. You might have enough batter for 1-2 more donuts than what your pan holds, so after removing the first batch to a cooling rack, you can bake the next batch.
- Bake the donuts for 9-10 minutes, or until the donuts spring back lightly when poked. Cool the donuts in the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- While the donuts are cooling, melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together using a double boiler or in the microwave, heating in 30 second increments and stirring continuously until melted.
- Dip the donuts, one at a time into the glaze – I like to use a shallow bowl for this – and set back on the rack to harden. Enjoy immediately!
Leftover donuts can be kept at room temperature for 2-3 days, in a sealed container.
- If using frozen cranberries, add them (still frozen) just before baking
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
Keywords: cranberry donuts // baked glazed donut recipe // holiday donuts // baked donut recipe