A healthy twist on a classic favorite! Almond butter popcorn mixed with honey make the perfect “glue” for these healthy popcorn balls. They’re cranberry popcorn balls without marshmallows, but with lots of flavor!
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn (1 bag of Quinn microwave popcorn)*
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Pop the bag of popcorn following the method on the back of the bag; I found I needed less than the 3 minutes given, or my popcorn would burn!
- While the popcorn is popping, heat the honey with the almond butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes before removing from heat.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl, then drizzle the almond/honey mixture over the popcorn. Use a large wooden spoon to coat everything thoroughly (or use your hands, but be careful, it’s hot).
- Add the cranberries and stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before forming into balls – make them as big or as small as you’d like, but be sure to pack them together FIRMLY to keep it all together.
- Place the popcorn balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Enjoy!
Popcorn balls will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- I used the maple kettle corn flavour of Quinn popcorns, but you can try any flavour!
- Category: snacks
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: almond butter popcorn // healthy popcorn balls // cranberry popcorn balls without marshmallows // protein popcorn balls // healthy popcorn recipes