Soft and chewy with all of that Biscoff cookie flavor, these cookie butter cookies are magical! They taste delicious and are very simple to make.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cookie butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped Biscoff cookies*
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the unsalted butter with the two sugars on high, for about a minute, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk and beat again for another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Add in the vanilla extract and combine. Next, add in the cookie butter and mix on high until combined.
- With the mixer running on low, gently add in the dry ingredients until everything is just combined. Use a large wooden spoon to stir in the chopped up Biscoff cookies. Place the cookie dough in the fridge, covered, for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge, and using a large cookie scoop, place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets. Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes, until the edges have browned slightly.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to rest on the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Place cooled cookies in a sealed container to store. They’ll stay fresh at room temperature for 4-5 days, and even longer (but crispier) or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*The chopped cookies are optional but delicious! I just break them up with my hands into 1/2″ pieces
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cookie butter // cookie butter cookies