Coconut or chocolate coconut whipped cream! Either this way, this vegan whipped cream will be your new favorite topping for all of your desserts!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, or coconut cream*
- 2 tablespoons sweetener, to taste (powdered sugar, honey, maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place the can of coconut milk/cream in the refrigerator to chill for at least 24 hours prior to use. Place your mixing bowl and mixers in the refrigerator 1 hour before beginning the whipped cream.
- Remove the can, and flip upside down. Open the can and pour off all of the liquid into a separate container, to be used for another purpose. Scoop out all of the cream into the chilled mixing bowl.
- Whip the cream at medium-high speed for about 2 minutes, or until fluffy and peaks begin to form. Add in the sweetener, vanilla and cocoa powder (if making chocolate) and continue to mix until the consistency is smooth.
- Use immediately, or keep the whipped cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Whipped cream will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week in an airtight container, or up to 1 month in the freezer. When ready to use, thaw overnight in refrigerator and then re-whip as needed.
- Using a full can of coconut cream will yield more whipped cream. You may also need to add more sweetener, to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate coconut whipped cream // coconut whipped cream // vegan whipped cream