This gluten-free, vegan, spicy coconut curry noodle bowl will quickly become your next favorite 30-minute meal when you need something easy and delicious!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2–3 tbsp red Thai curry paste (to taste)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cans (14 oz) coconut milk*
- 1 cup edamame beans, shelled (I use frozen)
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 oz ramen noodles
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- sesame seeds, for topping
- In a large wok over medium-high heat, warm the coconut oil until shimmering. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the broccoli and sauté for another few minutes. Pour in the coconut milk, and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, bring a medium-sized saucepan filled with water to a boil. Add the ramen noodles and boil for 4 minutes or until just cooked. Drain the noodles, and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Add the edamame beans, carrots and lime juice to the curry sauce, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the carrots are slightly softened. Taste the sauce and add more curry paste if desire. Add the noodles to the wok, and stir to combine. Remove the wok from heat, and serve immediately. Top with purple cabbage and sesame seeds, if desired.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, in an airtight container.
* Using full-fat coconut milk will yield a thicker, creamier sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: thai
Keywords: coconut curry noodle bowl // thai noodle bowl