Everything tastes better on a stick! Give these 3 ingredient chocolate dipped ice cream bars a try and you’ll love it! Try this technique with any flavor of ice cream!
- 2 cups ice cream, any flavor OR 1 no-churn ice cream recipe*
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Scoop the softened ice cream/prepared no-churn ice cream mixture into a popsicle mold, filling up to the top. Ensure there are no gaps/air bubbles in each mold. Place the mold into the freezer for 40 minutes (set a timer!!!) and then insert a popsicle stick into each mold. Freeze the bars for 4-5 hours.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate chips together with the coconut oil in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth and glossy. Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature.
- Remove the popsicle mold from the freezer. Run warm water over the base of the mold and then carefully extract each ice cream bar from the mold by pulling on the popsicle stick. Place the bars on a baking tray lined with wax paper** and return the tray to the freezer.
- One at a time, remove an ice cream bar from the freezer, dunk it into the chocolate up to the top of the stick, and then place the bar back into the freezer, on to the wax paper. Repeat with the remaining bars. Freeze for 1 hour before enjoying, or removing the bars from the tray and placing them in a freezer bag, sealing it tightly and storing it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Bars should keep just fine for up to 2 months in the freezer bag.
*If using pre-made ice cream, let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before scooping. If using a no-churn ice cream recipe, prepare the recipe as is up until placing it in the freezer (you’ll be pouring the mixture into the molds).
**Make sure you use wax paper. The ice cream will stick to parchment paper!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: ice cream
- Method: freezer
Keywords: chocolate dipped ice cream bars // ice cream bar recipe // how to make ice cream on a stick