This is definitely one of the best Hello Fresh recipes! This chicken and pineapple stir fry is SO quick, easy and delicious! Your whole family will love it and you can have it on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice
- 2 green onions
- 1/3 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- Before starting, preheat your broiler to high. Wash and dry all produce. Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a covered medium pot. Add rice to the pot of boiling water. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 12-14 min.
- While the rice cooks, thinly slice the green onions. Trim the peas. Cut pineapple into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk together the hoisin-soy, cornstarch and sweet chili sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then arrange chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Toss with 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil in the middle of the oven, until cooked through, 8-10 min.
- While the chicken broils, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the cashews to the dry pan. Toast, stirring often, until golden-brown 2-3 min. (TIP: Keep your eye on them so they don’t burn!) Transfer to a plate.
- Add sesame oil, then the peas, red onions and pineapple to the same pan. Cook, stirring often until tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. When the chicken is cooked through, add to the pan with the veggies. Add the sauce from the medium bowl and bring up to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 1-2 min. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, then season with salt. Stir in the green onions. Divide rice between bowls. Top with the chicken and pineapple stir-fry. Drizzle over any remaining sauce left in the pan. Sprinkle over the cashews.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: chicken and pineapple stir fry // best hello fresh recipes