A hint of lime and sweet cherries add a fun twist to your new favourite summer whiskey cocktails! This cherry whiskey sour will be on repeat this summer.
- 4 oz fresh cherries, pitted and diced
- 1 oz simple syrup*
- 1 oz lime juice (about 1 whole lime)
- 2 oz whiskey/bourbon
- Place the diced cherries in a small bowl along with the simple syrup for at least 30 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the cherries and syrup, lime juice and whiskey. Blend on high until the cherries are completely pureed and pour into a cocktail glass over ice. Serve immediately.
Double/triple the ingredients to create 2-3 drinks instead of 1
- To make a simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is clear. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
Keywords: summer whiskey cocktails, cherry whiskey sour recipe