Soft and chewy oatmeal caramel stuffed cookies! These oatmeal caramel cookies are a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie stuffed with a soft and creamy caramel.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 22 soft caramels, rolled into balls
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of your stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until combined.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until the cookie dough is formed. Using a spatula, fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Place the dough in the fridge, covered, for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 days.
- While the dough is chilling, unwrap the caramels and roll them into balls; place the balls in the freezer for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using about 1 tbsp of cookie dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and place on the cookie sheets. Remove the caramels from the freezer, and place one caramel into half the balls of dough (see pictures above in post). Take the other half of cookie dough balls and place on top of the caramel stuffed balls of dough, sealing the edges. Repeat until all cookies are stuffed and sealed.
- Allocate the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips amongst the balls of cookie dough, pressing about 4-5 chips into each ball. Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The centers will look under-baked when you remove the cookies from the oven, but they will cook a bit longer on the cookie sheet. Allow the cookies to cool about 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies will keep at room temperature, in an air-tight container for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 1 hours
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: oatmeal caramel stuffed cookies // oatmeal caramel cookies // caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookies