It’s true, blondes have more fun! These butterscotch brownies with chocolate chips are a family favourite for a reason. They’re an easy blondie recipe with butterscotch flavor baked right in!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving some overhang for easy lifting.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric handheld mixer, mix together the butter and brown sugar until combined, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing for 30 seconds in between. Add the vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients and slowly mix until just combined.
- In a small heat-proof bowl, melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Be careful not to overheat! Once melted, add the melted chips to the other ingredients, mixing until smooth. With a large wooden spoon, stir in half of the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Empty the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing evenly. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake the bars for 22-25 minutes or until slightly browned on the outside. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into 16 bars.
Butterscotch brownies can be kept at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: brownies
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy butterscotch brownies // easy blondie recipe