If you like crunch wraps you will love this cheesy, crunchy breakfast crunch wrap! Made with spicy chorizo sausage and scrambled eggs, it’s the perfect filling breakfast!
- 1 lb spicy ground chorizo
- 4 eggs
- 4 extra-large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup jalapeno Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 crunchy tostadas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add the spicy ground chorizo and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spatula. Once the meat is browned, remove it to a paper towel lined plate.
- Using the same skillet (wipe it out with a paper towel), cook the eggs, using a spatula to scramble them. Remove the eggs from heat once cooked.
- Place one large flour tortilla on a cutting board. In the center of the wrap, add a few tablespoons each of the shredded cheeses (half cheddar and half Monterey jack). Next, add a few tablespoons of the cooked chorizo followed by a few tablespoons of the cooked eggs.
- Directly on top of the egg, place one of the tostadas, pressing down slightly. On top of the tostada, add a tablespoon of sour cream, followed by a tablespoon or two of salsa. Add a few tablespoons of the shredded cheeses on top.
- Fold the edges of the flour tortilla up and over the filling in the center. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but try to cover the entire filling. If the tortilla doesn’t cover it, you can add another strip of tortilla from another wrap to cover it.
- Heat a clean skillet on the stove over medium heat. Place the folded wrap seam side down in the heated skillet. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and sealed shut, then flip the wrap over and cook it on the other side for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove the crunch wrap to a plate. Slice the crunch wrap down the middle and serve it with extra sour cream, hot sauce and salsa! Repeat with the remaining fillings and tortillas.
Leftover crunch wraps can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, or wrapped tightly in foil in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To reheat from the fridge, microwave the wrap for 30-40 seconds on high or heat it up in a skillet, with the lid on, for 5-6 minutes or until the inside is warm.
To reheat from the freezer, thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat as above, or place the frozen crunch wrap (still in the foil) in the oven, heating for 20 minutes at 300 F or until warm and toasty.
- To make the crunch wrap gluten free or vegan, see blog post above.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: crunch wraps // breakfast crunch wraps