You’ll love these baked birthday cake donuts sweetened with maple syrup! They’re a fun birthday treat or just any day that feels like it needs sprinkles!
- 1 cup cake flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles + more for decorating
Vanilla Bean Donut Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3–4 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray 6-7 silicone donut molds with nonstick spray, or spray a nonstick donut pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda, and set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt with the maple syrup, egg, vanilla bean paste and melted butter.
- Slowly combine the dry mixture with the wet, then gently stir in the sprinkles! Depending on what sprinkles you use, the colors may bleed a bit so be very gentle with your stirring.
- Fill the prepared silicone donut molds about 3/4 full with donut batter. Use a small spoon to scoop out the batter or fill a piping bag with the batter. Bake the donuts in the heated oven for 9-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the donuts cool in the molds for 8-10 minutes before popping them out and letting them completely cool on a wire rack.
- Make the donut glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with the vanilla bean paste, the milk and salt. You want the consistency to be dunkable but not too runny or the glaze won’t set properly. About as thick as condensed milk!
- Dunk the donuts, one at a time, into the icing and then set them back on the wire rack. Top them with sprinkles quickly!
Donuts are best enjoyed immediately, when fresh, but are still enjoyable after a day or two! They can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container.
*To make your own cake flour visit this article. You can also substitute for all-purpose flour but the donuts will be a bit more dense.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: donuts
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: funfetti donuts // birthday cake donuts