Bring the bakery to you with these bakery style banana chocolate chip muffins! These jumbo banana muffins are sweetened with honey and taste light and fluffy.
- 3 (very ripe) bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey*
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a 6-count jumbo muffin tin with parchment liners or spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Mash the bananas well until they’ve become a smooth puree. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs together with the honey, melted butter, vanilla and mashed banana. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and gently stir together until just combined. Using a wooden spoon gently stir in the chocolate chips, reserving a few to top the muffins with.
- Divide the muffin batter among the 6 muffin cavities. Each cavity will be filled nearly to the top. Sprinkle a bit of sugar over the tops of the muffins and place a few strategic chocolate chips on top. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425 F, before lowering the temperature to 350 F and baking for another 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw them overnight before enjoying!
*Substitute the honey for maple syrup if you prefer, or if serving to a child under the age of 1.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: muffins
- Method: oven bake
Keywords: jumbo banana muffins // bakery style banana chocolate chip muffins // jumbo muffins