Who doesn’t like their salad with a little extra crunch? This Asian crunch salad has so many colours and textures, eating it is an experience! You’ll love the simple peanut dressing that goes along with it.
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
- 1/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh, grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- In a large salad bowl, combine together both cabbages, the red pepper, julienned carrots, edamame, green onions, peanuts, pistachios, chow main noodles and cilantro.
- Using an immersion blender or other blender, mix together all of the salad dressing ingredients. If the dressing is not smooth enough, add more water slowly, a few tablespoons at a time, blending it each time until the dressing is smooth and runny enough to mix into the salad.
- Mix the salad together with the dressing and serve immediately.
Salad will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 1-2 days. The ingredients may soften, particularly the chow main noodles, but it will still be crunchy and delicious!
Substitute any ingredients for any other vegetables, keeping the quantities the same.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: salads
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: asian crunch salad