What’s more fall than apple cider muffins? These easy muffins have a lovely apple cinnamon flavor and an irresistible crumble topping!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 large apple, shredded
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a 12-count standard muffin pan with parchment liners or cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, thoroughly whisk the melted butter, applesauce and honey until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Whisk in the apple cider until everything is combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, then slowly stir with a spoon. Gently fold in the shredded apple, leaving any residual juice behind.
- Prepare the crumble topping. Stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter in each muffin cavity followed by a tablespoon of crumble. Divide the remaining batter among the muffin cavities and top evenly with the remaining crumble. Place the muffins in the oven and bake the muffins at high heat for 5 minutes, before reducing the temperature to 350 F and baking for an additional 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Muffins keep fresh at room temperature for 2-3 days in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating and enjoying!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: apple cider muffins // healthy apple cider muffins // apple cinnamon muffins