Almond green beans are the perfect side dish for a holiday meal or just a weeknight dinner! This method for roasted green beans with almonds is the easiest, and you only need 3 ingredients!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- optional: fresh lemon juice, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the washed and trimmed green beans and boil for 2-3 minutes, before quickly draining and adding to a large bowl filled with ice water (this stops the cooking process). Pat the green beans dry with paper towels.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp of the olive oil for a few minutes before adding the slivered almonds, and toasting for 2-3 minutes, or until light brown and fragrant. Remove the almonds to a separate dish and add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Add the green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until fork tender. Add the minced garlic and stir around for a minute or so before adding the almonds back to the pan, along with a pinch of salt (or to taste). Serve immediately, with a drizzle of fresh lemon.
Leftover green beans can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days, in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dishes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Almond green beans // roasted green beans with almonds // green beans almondine