These almond flour pumpkin muffins are gluten free and made with no refined sugars. They’re a healthy breakfast or snack and perfect for lunch boxes!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree**
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- optional: 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 12-count muffin tray with parchment liners or spray the muffin cavities very well with nonstick spray. In one large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the 3 eggs vigorously for 1-2 minutes or until they start to look a bit foamy. Add in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and use a large mixing spoon to gently mix everything together, until there are no dry streaks remaining. Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using a spoon or a cookie dough scoop, fill the 12 muffin cavities evenly. The muffin cavities will be about 3/4 full. Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on the tops of the muffins if you’d like a little touch of sweetness on the muffins. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tin before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.
Leftover muffins can be stored in at room temperature, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days. The muffins are fairly moist so after 2-3 days they may start to mold.
Muffins are also very freezer-safe! Freeze the muffins for up to 2 months.
*If the almond flour seems lumpy when you’ve measured it out, be sure to use a flour sifter to remove all of the lumps before adding it to the other ingredients.
**Use pure pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: muffins
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: almond flour pumpkin muffins