The easiest dinner ever! You will love this 3 ingredient chicken recipe! Made with taco seasoning and salsa, this recipe makes the best chicken taco meat!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning (see notes for homemade)
- 2 cups restaurant-style salsa, medium*
- To a slow cooker, add the chicken, then sprinkle the taco seasoning on top, covering the chicken as much as possible in an even layer. Add the salsa on top, again covering as much of the surface of the chicken as possible. Do not stir!
- Set the slow cooker to 5-6 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high. If you’re going to be away from home for longer than the cook time, be sure your slow cooker will go to “keep warm” automatically after cooking.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board and use two forks to tear the chicken meat apart. Return it to the slow cooker and give everything a stir. Serve immediately.
Leftover meat can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. To freeze the meat, allow it to cool completely, then store in an airtight freezer bag for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
*If you want the meat to be spicier, feel free to use spicy salsa. Likewise, use mild salsa for less heat.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Mix together the following, then use as directed in the recipe:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: 3 ingredient chicken // 3 ingredient chicken recipes // 3 ingredient chicken tacos // 3 ingredient slow cooker chicken // 3 ingredient salsa chicken // 3 ingredient crockpot chicken tacos