No knead bread is life changing! This easy overnight bread is a 3 ingredient bread that you’ll find yourself making again and again.
- 3 cups bread flour*
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- The night before you want to bake the bread, stir together the flour, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the warm water into the bowl and stir to combine until a loose, shaggy dough forms. Pack the dough into a bit of a ball, then cover the bowl tightly with saran wrap and leave on your counter for overnight (12-18 total hours of rise time), in a warmish place, away from any cool drafts.
- When the bread dough has risen to about double in size, it’s ready to bake. About 2 hours before you’re ready to bake, empty the dough onto a floured surface and use your hands to shape the dough into a smooth ball. Place the dough ball on to a piece of parchment, on top of a clean dish towel. Cover the ball gently with the towel, letting it sit like that until you’re ready to bake.
- 30 minutes before you’re ready to bake the bread, place a Dutch oven or a baking stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 450 F. After 30 minutes has passed, use oven mitts to remove the Dutch oven from the oven and carefully place the dough ball, in the parchment, into the vessel. You can slash a small cut through the top of the bread here, to allow steam to release.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven then place it back into the oven, to bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid, and turn the oven down to 375. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for about 20 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
Bread will keep, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days on the counter.
*Bread flour yields the best results but you can substitute with all-purpose
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: bread
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: no knead bread // 3 ingredient bread // 3 ingredient no knead bread // 3 ingredient Dutch oven bread