Yield 3-4 servings
Even the most fierce of zucchini-haters will love this gluten-free zucchini crust pizza with it's light and chewy texture and mild flavour.
- 2 cups grated zucchini (squeezed well and packed down)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spread a large piece of parchment paper on top of a baking sheet or pizza pan (I use a 12" pizza pan) and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded and squeezed zucchini (see my notes in the post for tips) with both cheeses, the eggs, almond flour and olive oil. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto the greased parchment paper and smooth it out until it covers the surface evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and carefully sliding one hand under the parchment paper (be careful not to touch the hot pan) swiftly flip the crust back onto the pan. If the top of the crust (it used to be the bottom) is fairly firm and brown, you can begin with your toppings. If you think it could bake a bit longer, pop it back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 F. Top the pizza with whatever you'd like! We used tomato paste, mozzarella, pineapple, mushrooms, diced peppers, fresh parsley and chili peppers. Return the pizza to the oven for 10-15 minutes, remove and serve.
Pizza keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If you aren't concerned with keeping this gluten-free, you can use all-purpose flour instead.
Recipe by Love In My Oven at https://loveinmyoven.com/zucchini-pizza/